Green peas are definitely in our top 5 gut-friendly foods, packing 7g of fiber in just 1 cup! So, who wouldn't want to enjoy a nourishing, scrumptious bowl of oh so good-for-you soup?
This mint and pea soup is one of my absolute favourites! Not only is it rich in fiber from green peas, but the aroma from fresh mint and lime completely transforms the soup into a delicious, creamy goodness that looks as good as it tastes! One of the reasons why I love this recipe so much is because the gentle cooking of the peas helps preserve nutrients which would normally be destroyed by heat.
- 1 whole leek, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1L of veggie stock
- 700g small frozen peas
- 250ml of coconut cream
- 40 fresh mint leaves, chopped (the more the merrier here, I love mine to be super aromatic!)
- 1tbs of cane sugar
- 1/2 of fresh lime, squeezed
- fresh pea shoots for garnish (optional)
- Step 1: Chop the leek and lightly fry it in the soup pot until it’s soft and a bit translucent, then add garlic
- Step 2: Add veggie stock, bay leaves and potato, bring to boil and let it simmer for 10-15min until potatoes have thoroughly cooked through
- Step 3: Add frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes (but no more than that or the pea colour will turn from bright green to brown)
- Step 4: Take the pot off the heat, add sugar, freshly squeezed lime juice and coconut cream
- Step 5: Blend the soup with a stick blender (carefully, so it doesn’t end up on your walls)
- Step 6: Top with fresh pea shoots and enjoy
Easy Pea-sy! This soup can be enjoyed hot or cold 😊
Have you tried it? Please tag us on social media @PiQilife we’d love to see your creations!